FM Themes
Welcome to FM Themes
where you can share your punBB, phpBB 2, Invision, & phpBB 3 themes for Forumotion forums.

You are viewing the forum as a guest, so you will not be able to use the full forum. To use all the features of the forum, you need to log in or create a FREE account by registering.
View previous topicGo downView next topic

Photoshop C4D Uses

on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:25 pm
C4D Tutorial (Photoshop)
Blending, Movement, & Design

Step 1:
You will want to start with your basic signature size that you are looking for, along with a small grid that you can make to break the space up into nine, even pieces.  Breaking the space up into these places lets the creator find the four focal points of the graphic area, which will be the best points to bring focus on or around for a more appealing result.  

Be sure to add your chosen render, making sure that the focal points are around your render in a close distance that brings focus to the render's "energy."
Example below:

Step 2:
Next, you need to select two colors, both a background color, and then a nice, light color that can provide lighting around your render.  This will also assist in bringing focus into your render.  I also recommend using colors that come from your render.  
The background is from the render's dark hair, and the lighting is from her lightest skin tone areas in this example:

Step 3:
In this step, you will add movement or action to your image.  You need to use a C4D--what you want to find is one that matches your render's movement.  It doesn't always have to be moving in the same "direction," but I do recommend finding the best possible to compliment the render's overall shape.  I recommend trying different blending options to see which works best for you.
Example Below:

Step 4:
Color and Shading are important!  You want to bring as much focus to your render without making too much contrast.  I also chose to add a bit of color to my shading, as this provided a balance to the render's vibrant clothing.  

Using the gradient tool, I added a black shade to both sides of the signature to add a brighter focus to the signature's center, then gave it an inner glow to match the red in her outfit, as well as a pattern overlay, which you will see makes the signature have a net-like appearance on the outer edges that only overlap over the render on its outer edges.  

I also took a white, soft, and rounded brush to put "dots" of light around my render in select areas around her sides and edges to give a bit of focus on her center.
Example Below:

Step 5:
Step five!  I added another C4D for design, to give a little bit more detail to the signature's background and add to the movement in a few different directions.  I also selected one of a more sharp tone and appearance to match the render's sharp edges.

Having one that moves with the render along its edges will also add more focus and effect to your render and to the signature's focal points--don't forget to try different blending options!
Example Below:

Step 6:
Now I want to blend my render into the background more.  First, I duplicated my render, took the bottom layer and gave it a radial blur (try different blur settings to see what you like more!) and then set it on dissolve.

I chose dissolve specifically because the render is very sharp and has sharp edges.  Dissolve uses a sharp, dotted texture to add it into the smoother, softer background without going overboard--you can also try different opacity options.  However, the blending isn't finished, because there's still a sharp change between your smooth background and your sharp render:

Step 7:
Blending continued--using a C4D!  Now all you need to do is find a render that will spread out beyond your render's focus.  I chose horizontal, electric bolts and then placed them on dissolve, as well.  Using a lower opacity, I adjusted it to where I had the desired amount of "speckles" or "dots" and then made it a gold color to balance out the darker edges.

Now your render is successfully blended!  It's not perfect or as blended as some signatures could be, but I wanted to give one of the simplest examples of how C4D's can provide blending, as well:

Step 8:
Now all that you need to do, since this is a signature, is add an optional border and text!  I also generally like to add some decoration to text--but remember to always try to place your text on or near one of your focal points!  

I also recommend making the text color be from your render, as well as finding a font and font affects that make your text easy to read--legibility is always a priority.  =)  And now you have used C4D's for blending, added design, and movement!  
Example Below:

Written by Leah7
Administrator
View user profilehttps://fmthemes.forumotion.com

Re: Photoshop C4D Uses

on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:14 pm
This tutorial is accepted.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum